Post 7: Changes to my study program

Hello!

In this post, I will talk about the career of Public Administration and it's study program. 

First of all, it's essential to mention that this career has a duration of 5 years, seeks to train public servants who are an active part of the processes of transformation of the country and has a very diverse curriculum. Some of the subjects that I have liked the most are Political Phenomena and Simulation of Consultancy; in these courses I have been able to acquire more knowledge about political actors and in the branch of Consultancy I was able to work for the Municipality of Curanilahue, which was undoubtedly a great experience both personally and professionally.

On the other hand, one of the things I don't like about my career is the building where I'm studying, this it doesn't have enough infrastructure or capacity for students of Public Administration and Political Science careers; although it was expected to have a Faculty for last year, due to the pandemic it has been delayed even more and we don't know when it will be finished. 

Regarding the curriculum, I have always thought that there are many subjects that do not really serve us or that we have already seen in previous courses, so it becomes very tedious to complete them. If I could change the study program, I would add more practical subjects and where students can interact with people or get to know the environment where in the future we will work as Public Administrators. 

Regards!




Comentarios

  1. It would be great to implement more practical subjects to make the importance of the career more visible.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I agree that there are tedious and repetitive courses.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I have not yet done any consulting for a municipality, I hope to do it soon:)

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I hope that the new campus will be ready soon

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Post 8: English Language Challenges

Post 6: Time travel to the future